Interim Report January-March 2021
First quarter 2021
- Operating income (EBIT) improved by nearly 180 percent to SEK 878 million (314) – all segments show improved operating income
- Parcel volumes overall increased by 32 percent (1), mainly driven by growth in B2C volumes
- Mail volumes decreased by 12 percent (12)
- During the quarter, the COVID-19 pandemic contributed to increased parcel volumes (B2C), increased demand for home deliveries and higher short-term sick-leave in Sweden
- The steady growth within e-commerce results in a very strong volume growth for parcels, while the trend for mail volumes remains negative due to ongoing digitalization.
- The improvement programs are running according to plan, which, together with the net sales growth, is the foundation for the sharply improved result.
- Within the framework of PostNord's ambitious sustainability agenda, work is being carried out at a high level of intensity.