Interim Report January-September 2021
Third quarter 2021
- Net sales totaled SEK 9,340 million (8,919)
- Overall, parcel volumes rose 9 percent (11), driven by continued growth in business-to-consumer and a recovery in business-to-business
- Mail volumes decreased by -13 percent (-10) as a result of ongoing digitalization
- Operating income (EBIT) totaled SEK 323 million (747)
- Adjusted operating income totaled SEK 284 million (520)
High e-commerce volumes laid the foundations for a strong performance in the first nine months of the year. The result in the quarter decreased due to lower letter volumes and declining growth in the parcel business when the communities openens up. The result was also affected by a higher cost situation for production and long-term investments. Within the context of PostNord's ambitious sustainability agenda, work continues at a high level of intensity.