Site Reliability Engineer Lead, Solna
Do you want to be part of an exciting growth journey and collaborate with our product teams to identify and plan improvement opportunities to the system design from a reliability perspective? Would you like to identify required enablers in product and platforms to achieve improved reliability and work with the product team to agree on work activities needed? If yes - this position as a Site Reliability Engineer Lead at PostNord is something for you!
In this position you will work closely with the product team and identify, establish, and uphold appropriate system Service Level Objectives (SLOs) together with the team and implement the use of error budgets along with policies/consequences for deviating from them. You will play an important role and ensure observability and monitoring of relevant systems. Provide guidelines and educate the product teams on observability practices/standards around metrics, logs and traces so that both proactive and reactive measurements are taken. You will also proactively seek out system weaknesses and find ways to fix them before they cause production issues using monitoring data, watching trends, and using Chaos Engineering.
You have a big impact and will be responsible for adapting automated solutions and tools to help debug and resolve problems in production and prevent them from reoccurring. You will work in a broad role and move among different contact surfaces and lead blameless post-mortems for incidents together with different product teams and vendors.
To fit in this position you have:
- an academic degree in systems engineering, or equivalent knowledge and skills acquired through work experience and continuing professional education.
- good analytical skills.
- good leadership qualities.
- proven ability to independently capture and share information through formal written documentation in English and a local language.
In this position you need to be self motivated and capable of proactively identifying, planning and organizing work activities and also an ability in coaching developers and other technical competencies. We hope to see that you want to develop in the long term where we can give you good development opportunities and a chance to influence PostNord`s IT-future!
We are looking for you who have
- Senior level expertise in:
- Software development
- Database management systems and SQL
- Containerization with orchestration platforms e.g. OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker swarm
- Integrations though event streaming and integration platforms like KAFKA
- Cloud (Azure/AWS)
- Infrastructure automation, unix scripting, cloud scripting languages Terraform or/and
- Observability platforms and technology layers e.g. Op5, ELK, etc.
- Proven experience in developing production-grade, performant, scalable and durable applications.
- Experience at all levels of the technology stack, i.e. Infrastructure, Database, API, components and front-end.
- Hands on experience of managing complex, high-volume applications/components in production critical environments.
- Experience of performance tuning techniques, stability patterns and scalability approaches
- Experience of fact-based, data-driven problem solving and communication.
- Understanding of automated testing and tools
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Previous work experience of Site Reliability Engineering
We offer you
- Work in a Nordic and dynamic environment.
- Wellness allowance & access to the office´s gym and health center (Arken, Solna).
- Employee benefits through PostNord’s own personnel foundation PostNord Plus.
- Great occupational pension terms.
- Great development opportunities and a continuous learning culture.
- Employment in Solna
We make everyday life easier
PostNord is the leading supplier of communication and logistics solutions to, from, and within the Nordic region. We ensure the provision of a postal service to households and businesses in Sweden and Denmark. We aim to make everyday life easier and more sustainable for everyone who lives and works in the Nordic region.
We are accountable, brave and committed, effectively leading change regardless if we lead our self or others. We emphasize teamwork, sincerity and positive relationships in the workplace. We build on our success and learn from both colleagues and mistakes. People with different backgrounds work with us. You will therefore be part of a workplace with great diversity, which contributes to better results for the business. Visit us at www.postnord.com
Selection is ongoing and we want your application as soon as possible. In this recruitment, we collaborate with Randstad Technologies, for questions about the role contact responsible recruitment consultant Julia Rhönnstad, +4672-987 27 54, email@example.com or Akim Kraft, +4670-723 25 65, firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receive your application!
For union representatives, visit: www.postnord.com/fackliga