Annemarie Gardshol new acting Group CEO of PostNord
The Board of Directors has appointed Annemarie Gardshol as acting Group CEO of PostNord. PostNord needs to continue its high pace of change in order to meet the global changes in our core business of the letter and parcel markets. Due to the new phase of challenges faced by PostNord, it is time for new leadership. The recruitment of a new Group CEO will begin immediately.
The letter and parcel markets are undergoing major changes. PostNord needs to flexibly and efficiently continue to realign itself as a result of reduced letter volumes and a growing parcel market, while still ensuring high levels of quality and service.
- “As a consequence of accelerating market changes, the pace of PostNord’s transition work needs to increase further. At the same time, there must be an increased focus on the core business in each country, which is crucial for meeting customer needs and enabling long-term profitability. The Board of Directors and Håkan Ericsson have therefore jointly concluded that it is time for new leadership at PostNord,” says Chairman of PostNord Christian Jansson.
- “Håkan Ericsson has had a crucial role in PostNord’s major transition work. With his excellent leadership skills, Håkan Ericsson has implemented significant investments in the company’s growing parcel business and at the same time realized demanding cost reductions,” continues Christian Jansson.
- “I am proud to have managed the extensive transformation work, together with all of PostNord’s employees, over the past five years. The basis for the next phase of this work is in place, and it is now the right time to hand over to new leadership,” says outgoing Group CEO Håkan Ericsson.
The current head of the Swedish operations, Annemarie Gardshol, will take over the position of acting Group CEO as of today. With her background within PostNord, she is well versed in the core business and the challenges faced by the company. She will also remain in her current role of CEO of PostNord Sweden.
- “Together with the Board of Directors, the new management will quickly draw up a plan to implement the necessary changes. Our ambition is to continue to strengthen our leading position in the Nordic region,” says acting Group CEO of PostNord Annemarie Gardshol.
In addition to this, the management team will also get a new acting CFO, Lena Larsson (currently Head of Group Business Control), as the current CFO Gunilla Berg will also leave the organization.
- “Gunilla Berg has made an important contribution to PostNord in a critical period for the company, and the company wants to thank her for fantastic efforts,” says Chairman of PostNord Christian Jansson.
The Board of Directors is now launching a broad recruitment process, with the goal of having a new permanent Group CEO and CFO in place by no later than the end of the year.